Sunday, October 12, 2014

Coast to Coast Challenge

'Tis the Season
An open letter to myself

I don't know about you, but I spent the weekend switching my closet over from summer clothes to fall clothes. Fall has always been my favorite season. In my humble opinion, nothing beats "sweater weather" and a comfy pair of jeans.  Trouble is...I'm having difficulty finding that comfy pair of jeans this year.  This letter really is hard for me to write tonight, because the last thing I want to open up about is weight gain...more specifically, MY weight gain.  

I know that I have let my Fun Day~turn into a Fun Week~turn into a Fun Summer and as a result I can see my face getting rounder and my stomach getting softer. Hence the problem fitting into my closet full of favorite fall clothes. I hate drawing attention to the thing that I have always been most insecure about, but I am going to do it anyway, because I am human...and I know you all are too.  I know there are some of you out there that are feeling the shame of weight gain, just like me.

I allowed this shame to control me over the past two months.  I didn't want to take pictures with my family when I was on vacation. I deleted a lot of once-in-a-lifetime memories from my camera, because I was disgusted with my appearance.  I didn't totally relax on my diet this summer, but when I did, it was bad. I worked hard many days to regain control and I made many healthy decisions...but many of those days I ate multiple restricted products, too much protein or something I knew was sabotaging my success. I found this exhausting, because I never felt like I was getting anywhere but felt like I was always "dieting". 

So, that brings me to tonight.  I have made a plan over the past week on how I will get back on track and I KNOW it will work.  That said, it started with me meeting with Coach Kritzia last Monday morning. Guess what?  You were all a fly on the wall.  I exposed my greatest insecurities to you all, just like you do to me every week.   I will be posting a videos weekly on my progress in order to have increased accountability. Click here for my Week One Video   

First weigh-ins are never fun, but I am looking forward to giving myself the only Christmas gift I really want...to feel comfortable in my own skin.

I hope my journey inspires you.

1 comment: