I found this great recipe on Janeva's Ideal Recipes Cookbook - Phase 1 Facebook group.
This recipe was so easy to follow and tasted so good that even my kids ate it. I highly
recommend you give it a try...and I highly recommend you consider joining Janeva's great
recipe group on Facebook.
CLASSIC CRACK SLAW
This is the IP version I created from the classic crack slaw recipe to fit protocol
By Janeva Eickhoff
1 lb ground beef
1 T. + 1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
3 ½ C. shredded cabbage
½ C. chopped green onion
salt & pepper, to taste
½ tsp. Splenda
½ tsp. ginger paste (or fresh grated ginger)
1 tsp. white vinegar
2 T. soy sauce
½ tsp. chili paste (or hot sauce)
1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over med/med hi heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl; mix.
3. Drain any fat from the ground beef, remove from the pan and set aside.
4. In the same fry pan heat the olive oil over med/med hi heat, add the green onion and cabbage. Stir fry until cabbage is slightly wilted and tender.
5. Stir in the sauce and add the meat; stir to combine. Serve hot.
SERVINGS: 2 – 8oz. lean protein. Eat ½ the recipe for 1 serving – 8 oz. lean protein + 2 C. veggies.