Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Why Am I Doing This?

It's times like this(an upcoming holiday weekend) that make me want to throw in the towel and have a handful of jelly beans.  I am so very busy at work, running from one after school activity to the next, trying to keep my house in some sort of order...sometimes I just want to relax....and by this, I mean relax my diet.

For some reason, when life gets tough my first thought is that a Cadbury Cream Egg will comfort me.  I have heard this voice one too many times this week, so I decided to put my thoughts on paper.  I learned about the benefits of making a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight when reading the Beck Diet. Confession time...I never actually took the time to sit down and do this.

I decided to put a spin on my list so I not only wrote down my "Pros" for losing weight...but I also thought it was necessary to write down my "Cons" which are a direct result of giving into daily temptations.  I plan to read these lists every morning before I start my day as well as throughout the day (if and when I have visions of Cadbury Cream Eggs dancing in my head).   My hope is that they will help me to remember that the path that I am on, though uncomfortable at times, is the one I need to be on in order to live the life that I desire.

Since I have finally taken some time for myself and written down my "whys" for sticking with this, I feel more empowered to keep going...one day at a time.  Because this is what I want...


-------

Did you know that you still have time to lose 30+ pounds by summer? We still have room for you to attend our complimentary Ideal Protein Open House this Monday, April 21st, at 6:30pm.  You will have the opportunity to meet our team of coaches, taste our gourmet protein foods and learn how simple and fast the Ideal Protein Diet can be.  Call (973)777-9404 to reserve a seat for yourself and a friend!  See you there!

www.njcenterhealth.com




No comments:

Post a Comment