Saturday, October 17, 2015

Really...Better Than Take-Out?


So a little backstory...good Chinese take-out is a big deal in my house...and I definitely have my usual "go to" restaurants on speed dial...but I know nothing good ever comes after opening those steamy little white boxes...all the white (or brown rice if I'm feeling "healthy")...and don't forget the heavy sauces and starchy veggies and those noodles... 

So, when I say better than take-out...I realize I may not be referring to being better tasting than those take-out joints in China Town.  
  Don't get me wrong this is a really nice dish and is really easy to assemble, but it is in no way better tasting than the take-out in NYC.  That said, I believe the name of this dish..."Better Than Take-out" is referring to you feeling MUCH better about yourself for eating this dish rather than your typical Beef and Broccoli entree.  There is no guilt associated with this indulgence and it is packed with veggies and protein...so the point has been made...it definitely is better than take-out!

This recipe can be found on page 5 of Janeva's Ideal Recipes Cookbook.


Janeva's Ideal Recipes Cookbook is available in our office our office and ***For more recipes like this visit Janeva’s Ideal Recipe Cookbook – Phase 1 on Facebook or www.janevasidealrecipes.com.  A portion of the proceeds will support Samuel’s House Foundation, a non-profit charity helping disadvantaged children and those in need of a nice meal on their plate every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment