Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I'll Have What They're Having

There's no doubt about it. Some parts of the day are tougher for me than others to stay true to my weight loss goal. I have no trouble making a great breakfast or dinner decision and even late night is an easy time for me. But when my kids get home from school I lose control.

If I think back on it, this has been a trend for as long as I can remember.

As a teenager, I recall returning home from school totally famished. Every day.  I remember buying snacks at the local candy store as soon as I got off the bus. This after school treat became a habit and evoloved into my daily snack time with Oprah. This is my dangerous food time...never making good choices.

Now, somehow it is built into my personal clock that around 4pm each day I am jonesing for something--something I know I should not eat. Suddenly, my focus is gone. The goal that I woke up with that morning is out the window. I want a treat.

I combat this craving head-on. By being prepared with a glass of unsweetened iced tea, I am ready to take on the afternoon. It really cares for the craving, and if I'm honest, the habit.  My favorite is a venti unsweetened  tazo passion iced tea from Starbucks.  There's something about waiting on a Starbucks line and having my name drwan on a pretty cup that I get to carry around that makes me feel like a member of society.  Something about it that I can't quite put my finger on makes me feel a bit less deprived. Nursing my iced tea from 4pm until dinner keeps me faithful to my weight loss goal.

What is your tough time of day and how do you get through it?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete